Mon-Sat: 3pm- 10pm,
Sunday: 2pm- 8pm
Causes of pain after the Root Canal Treatment
Why do you have pain after the RCT(Root Canal Treatment)?
- If there is a broken instrument in the root canal, the root canal can get infected.
And if an instrument is broken beyond the root in the bone it can cause swelling, pain, and/or pus formation.
All these problems arises due to overuses of same instrument again and again. Ideally in every
patient a new set of instruments should be used.
- Pain can also arise if there is a overfilling that is beyond the tooth or inside the bone.
- Incomplete filling of the root canal space can also result in accumulation of bacteria in the remaining root canal,
thereby leading to pain or abscess.
- RCT is a complicated procedure specially in the posterior teeth because it has more number of root canals and the dentist should be able
to locate all the canals correctly. There can be up to 6 canals in the molars although it varies from person to person,
and for single individual's posterior teeth. If the operator is unable to find all, the canals the left out canal will get infected and can
- Crowns/ Capping having marginal Discrepancies like fabricated crown margins are placed beyond the tooth and over the gums.
It can lead to inflammation / swelling of the gums which can again result in pain.
- A perfectly done Root Canal Treatment/ RCT can also have pain if the sterilisation of the instruments are not done properly,
or the used instrument of 1 patient is used in another patient which can transfer the infection; leading to pain,
swelling or pus formation.
- A Root Canal Treatment should be repeated again which is also called as Re-RCT Treatment.
It is normally carried out by the root canal specialist (also known as Endodontist).
- Extraction / Tooth Removal.
Web Resources for Oral health and Dental Problems
To know more about dental care, oral health and various procedures of dentistry go through following weblinks:
About the Doctor
Dr. Abhinav Singh is one of the finest names in the field of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
He graduated from M.S. Ramaiah Dental College, Bangalore. He finished his internship from King George Medical College, Lucknow,
followed by post-graduation in Conservative and Endodontics in the year 2005. He was awarded as the 'Best dentist in Lucknow'
by India Healthcare Awards 2018 by Blindwink Solutions. He runs his dental clinic in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India, to give the
best dental care services and consultations.
Shree Ganesh Tower, First Floor, TVC-71, infront of Lohia Hospital,
Vibhuti Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
Sunday: 2pm- 8pm
Dr Abhinav Singh- Best Dentist in Lucknow
(Developed by Bito Technologies)
⁙ Contact Us
Call: 9450390888, 8948590444, 7007118835